This CLE is presented by Kevin Govern.
- LLM, 2004, International and Comparative Law, University of Notre Dame School of Law
- LLM, 1995, International and Operational Law, The Judge Advocate General’s School
- JD, 1987, Marquette University Law School
- BA, 1984, History and German Major, Marquette University
Areas of Expertise
- Professor Govern has taught at Ave Maria School of Law: Administrative Law; Computer Law; Contracts I & Contracts II; Evidence; Law, Ethics and Public Policy; Military Law; National Security Law; and Professional Responsibility.
Professor Govern began his legal career as an Army Judge Advocate, serving 20 years at every echelon during peacetime and war in worldwide assignments involving every legal discipline. He has also served as an Assistant Professor of Law at the United States Military Academy and has taught at California University of Pennsylvania and John Jay College of Criminal Justice. He has published widely and spoken frequently on international and comparative law, law and religion, national security and homeland security law, military operations, and professional ethics.